Flexistaff is a highly successful and professional recruitment consultancy. Our client a leading avionics technology supplier, are looking for a Test Engineer to join their team.
Primary focus – ensuring that the test engineering function delivers service levels capable of achieving timely delivery and complete customer satisfaction.
- Test, repair and debug of manufactured product to customer and/or Internal specification
- Design, development or implementation of new test procedures using Flying Probe, JTAG and manual/Automated functional test methods.
- Support the implementation of practices that ensure the company delivers to customer right first time & every time i.e. achievement of 100% batch deliveries on time, every time
- Support the definition of Test & Inspection strategies creating absolute clarity on test coverage and acceptability criteria of test criteria
- To coach and train identified resources in all test disciplines
- Definition of training procedures and acceptability standards for all personnel operating test equipment
- Ensuring programming and test development work is completed in line with production output requirements
- Ensuring quality principles & standards are applied & adhered to throughout test
- Documentation and analysis of quality and performance on test operations.
- Act as the primary interface where required for customers with regard to all test engineering activities.
- To institute and maintain continuous improvement programmes in every aspect of test engineering
- Provide strong, reliable engineering support to the Test Engineering Manager and the business as a whole.
- Technical support for all Test operations ensuring delivery of products in line with expectations
- Mistake proofing must be a key consideration in all processes
- Completion of test aspects of build reports in real time with product introductions
- Responsible for the development, definition and implementation of effective maintenance plans
- Providing estimated labour times for testing new products
- Input on design and maintenance of the company wide ESD precautions
- Ensuring equipment availability and robustness to meet production output requirements
- Implementation of effective and controlled configuration & data management processes relating to test
- Tooling specification & procurement relating to test
- Adherence to Engineering Change & Concession processes
- Promotion of test engineering as a value add service and differentiator for Jaltek
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated in line with requirements and production output
- Minimise / Elimination of waste In all aspects of test engineering
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in applicable subject
- Experience in manufacturing test role.
- Thorough understanding of Digital and Analogue electronics, fault finding to component level and associated test methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing environment
- Experience of Microsoft products including Excel & Word
- Experience of using ERP systems and databases
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects
Key Competencies/Attributes Required:
- Ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Customer focussed
- Calm under pressure
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30 Friday 07:30- 13:30
Salary From £23,920 to £34,320 dependent on experience
Job Reference: DO140319_1552573635
Salary: £23920 - £34320 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP