Flexistaff are currently looking for a Quality Engineer to work for an Established Manufacturing Company based in Leighton Buzzard. This is a permanent position with a Salary of up to £32k (dependant on experience)
Main Purpose of the Role
To be responsible for the day to day quality of the manufacturing processes and to deal with customer complaints including root cause analysis of problems. To lead continuous improvement projects and to provide support for manufacturing and the laboratory. To deputise for the Quality Manager when relevant.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Dealing with customer related issues using structured problem-solving methodologies to facilitate the investigation and response.
- Production support, recommending opportunities and supporting the drive for continuous quality improvement.
- Working with laboratory technicians to identify root causes to problems and issues
- Experienced in writing SOPs, and being involved in the creation of control plans, FMEA and PFMEA
- Day to day monitoring of production output ensuring compliance to product specification, including measurements and function testing as required
- To support with the day to day measurement of components primarily using a noncontact Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Maintaining documentation to support ISO9001 or chosen standard
- Dealing with quarantine product in a timely manner
- Providing data for monthly reports
- Producing quality documents as needed, to include reports in response to customer complaints
- Any other reasonable request from a manager
- Health & Safety – yourself and other employees
- Working to Client Policies
- Educated to HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline although strong experience supported by relevant qualifications will be considered equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a quality related role
- Use of problem solving tools and methodology
- Maintaining any relevant standards such as ISO, BRC, TS16949 etc.
- Experience of manufacturing processes
- Strong Communication skills, verbal and written
- Must have high level of attention to detail
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Helpful and considerate
- Ability to work as part of a team
Job Reference: MARY/QUA/ENG_1579281912
Salary: £31000 - £32000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP