Flexistaff are currently recruiting for a Purchasing and Logistics planner to work in our prestigious client based in Dunstable. This position is a straight perm position offering £25000 per annum.
- Maintain stock levels to ensure good working capital and constant raw material supply
- Raise Purchase Orders and liaise with suppliers
- Coordinate all shipments including Specials and Oversees
- Report on OTIF, Stock Usages and Forecasts weekly.
- Daily stock checks
- Report daily silo readings to the Business Purchasing Director and Production Manager.
- Maintain stock levels to avoid stock outs. This includes all purchased items as follows: Raw materials for production, cores, boxes, pallets, strapping and associated buckles, baling twine, tape, stretch wrap, machine stretch, office consumables and print sundries
- Complete month end stock-take on all polymer, and factory consumables listed above with the exception of print sundries and office consumables.
- Raise purchase orders for all manufacturing and office consumables where required.
- Control the movement of granules between suppliers and our storage facility.
- Arrange delivery schedules with hauliers for manufactured and stock products, booking in with customers where required. Organising same day/next day/ special deliveries for urgent orders.
- Look out for job card errors and resolve with the help of Assistant Production Manager
- Enter any post production variances where required.
- Arrange collections from customers of non-conforming product or other issues. Ensure return paperwork is completed correctly and update NCR system accordingly
- Be actively involved in the complaint handling process, keeping key individuals updated on collections and returns including quarantined stock.
- Ensure all documents associated with the above are filed in the required folders/binders.
Main elements of role
The following list is not exhaustive, and roles and responsibilities may need to be altered or up-dated from time to time to meet the changing needs of the business:
- Plan and prioritise own work and the work of Logistics and Operations Assistant to ensure production feedback, deliveries, purchases and returns are handled in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Engage with staff & management – seeking advice/training in areas of difficulty, promote ideas that could improve operations.
- Liaison with Managers/co-workers re issues in the workplace environment.
- Fill out paperwork/computer data accurately.
- Liaison with the Warehouse Team Leader with delivery requirements and returns.
- Liaison with the Warehouse Team Leader on keeping area tidy and used efficiently.
- Liaison with the Warehouse Team Leader to ensure tasks are completed on time and correctly, (recording of scrap, loading of trailer)
- Ensure the racking and extension are staged with sufficient consumables and polymer for the night and weekend.
- Ensure general tidiness and safe storage in the warehouse and yard.
Due to a very high number of applications we are unable to come back to every candidate with feedback. If you do not hear back from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, Your CV will be kept on file for 1 year and then will be disposed of in line with the Data Protection Act.
Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information. Please visit our website to view this.
Flexistaff wishes you the best of luck with your job search!
Job Reference: Purch&Log_1558091165
Salary: Up to £25000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP