Flexistaff are currently seeking LGV 1 drivers for permanent, full time position on behalf of our client based in Luton.
Working hours: 40/week
Varying shifts between 05:00-20:00 during the week, and 05:00 – 15:00 Saturdays.
Occasional weekend work also hence flexibility is essential.
Newly passed drivers accepted.
Pay Rate : £13/hour + Bonus
£13,60 + Bonus (Nights)
- Working to specified run list provided, complete collections and deliveries to plan
- Provision of excellent customer service, representing the Company with professional attitude and behaviour to customers and staff at all times
- Transportation and the safe delivery of Company and Customers’ products
- Ensuring that all deliveries and collections are completed on time to meet all deadlines
- Complying with local legislative requirements and Company policies & procedures
- Work as a team with other Transport Drivers as well as colleagues throughout the Company
- Always practice and promote teamwork, setting an example of attitude and performance
- Ensure that all vehicle Pre-Operational checks are completed to a very high standard before driving
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed clearly, and a thorough de-brief is given to the Transport Department at the end of each shift
- Perform Manual Handling in a safe manner to avoid harm
- Report all defects immediately, once noticed
- Maintain regular contact with the Transport Department, particularly if there is a problem during your run
- Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits
- Perform any other ad hoc duties as required by the Company
- Complying with Working Time Directive and Drivers hours and regulations is a necessity.
- Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that you comply with all EU and DVSA regulations and Health & Safety procedures, and also that the vehicle is in a safe and serviceable condition
- Demonstrable previous experience as a C+E Driver
- At least 2 – 5yrs LGV / HGV driving experience
- Completed CPC
- A current UK issued digital tachograph card For Class 1
- Full knowledge and compliance of Road Transport Legislation
- Able to understand the Company’s Health & Safety procedures delivered in English, and you should be diligent with a keen eye for detail, ensuring that everyone complies with the Company’s Health & Safety policy at all times.
- composed temperament and be able to react calmly when things are not going according to plan.
- Knowledge of the mailing industry and downstream access market would be an advantage
- Passionate, driven and motivated to complete all tasks in the allotted timescales to the highest quality
- Professional, self-motivated individuals who can work effectively within a team and on their own initiative.
Job Reference: HGV1S_1558541915
Salary: Up to £13 per hour + £1200/ANNUM BONUS IF CRITERIA MET
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP