You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient management of the traffic area, helping manage the traffic flow, movement and direction of site vehicles and assisting and guiding vehicles in their duties of reversing and unloading.
You are required to have good communication skills verbally and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
£9 an hour, 06:00-14:00 Monday to Friday
- Clearly direct vehicles and mobile plant at all times.
- Minimise the amount of reversing where possible and be aware of the dangers caused by reversing.
- Use practical techniques and agreed system of signalling and hand signals to assist drivers and operatives in all manoeuvres.
- Be visible to drivers at all times whilst directing vehicles and plant
- Stand in a safe position, from which to guide all vehicles without being in the way.
- Keep traffic areas free from pedestrians.
- Be fully compliant with PPE requirements of the site.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on the 2 way radio at all times.
- Report all near miss incidents involving vehicle movements in the yard to the Operations Manager and complete associated paperwork.
- Comply with all H&S, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
Job Reference: Prsta_1555065125
Salary: Up to £9 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP