Job Title: Account Manager
Reporting To: Business Unit Manager Location: Luton
This position will be responsible for ensuring clarity and consistency of both incoming and outgoing information and data transfer across the Business Unit’s customer base. This will include but not be limited to the management, administration and development of standard operational procedures relating to processing of enquiries, quotations, orders, order acknowledgements & status reporting. Account Managers will strive to exceed service levels monitored by Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) by ensuring customers expectations are understood and achievable throughout the business.
In addition to the responsibilities below all employees are expected to undertake any other reasonable duties required of them, demonstrate respect, esteem, concern, and courtesy towards fellow employees and compliance with legislative, regulatory and company standards.
- Prepare costings proposals ensuring information provided by engineering and materials within required timelines
- Review quotations prior to release to ensure they fully meet customer requirements
- Provide accurate and timely quotes to customers keeping sales personnel informed of relevant information at all times
- Receive purchase orders, circulate contract review and acknowledge orders to customers timescale
- Ensure purchase orders reflect quotations exactly, instigate appropriate measures when the order & quotation do not correlate e.g. re-quote, ECN etc.
- Ensure all supplementary information and or caveats’ included on purchase orders have been identified to Business Unit Manager.
- Ensure order book is kept up to date with accurate information regarding anticipated delivery dates and advise appropriate personnel of any slippage to forecasted dates
- Maintain accurate and up to date forecasting and distribute to appropriate personnel
- Arrange and conduct bid reviews with all appropriate personnel
- Support with the creation & provision of an enquiry launch form (ELF) to the commercial department for all new enquiries
- Ensure SOP reflects current order book, quoted and unquoted forecast and managing SOP on daily and weekly basis with input from internal and external account managers
- Review and file all data received at enquiry
- Co-ordination with Engineering Department to ensure that on customer approval, ECN’s are implemented
- On repeated orders confirm & check if previous concessions on the assembly are still required, if so ensure that they are being implemented effectively.
- Participate in weekly sales reviews providing forecast, quote, order, visit and activity information
- Provide day to day customer support as required
- Completion of concise & comprehensive weekly status reports for internal and external distribution
- Manage customer issues to resolution in timeframe specified and to customers satisfaction
- Participate in daily Operations meetings raising any relevant customer issues and ensuring these are addressed within the required timeframe. Provide input to Operations on customer related issues they raise
- Manage the order book to meet both internal and external expectations
- Assist the external sales team with customer management to identify value add opportunities
- Participate in quarterly business reviews ensuring all relevant information is provided
- Develop understanding of organisational structures of all suppliers, their working practices and service offerings
- Develop understanding of all Jaltek customers, their markets and their historical & forecast performance
- Support both external sales & internal departments in the achievement of the budgeted forecast for the business unit
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience Required:
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant technical field or business administration
- Proven experience in Electronic Manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Competent on Microsoft products including excel & word
- Experience of ERP systems & databases
- Proven experience in a customer facing role
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects
- Proven experience of basic financial management
Key Competencies/Attributes Required:
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solver
Working Hours: Mon – Thu 08:30 to 17:30 Fri 08:30 to 14:30
Salary dependent on experience fro 26,000 to 28,000 per annum.
Job Reference: DO141019_1571048097
Salary: £26000 - £28000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP