We are looking for a Production Engineer to work within busy workshop. The role involves a wide range of traditional workshop skills including manual mechanical engineering tasks. You will follow detailed instructions to produce our high quality products to tight timescales.
The role includes:
- Cutting, finishing and heat forming of plastic
- Cutting and finishing of ply and foam
- Basic metalworking
- Vac forming
- Wheelchair mechanics
- Working with fastenings, nuts, bolts, washers and inserts
- Basic electrical systems
- Building and fitting of medical seating posture systems
- Interfacing on to new and existing wheelchair bases
You will be using basic hand tools and a number of larger machine tools, band saws, pillar drills etc.
This is a full time position requiring a number of technical skills, and also needs you to be involved in developing standards where efficiencies or higher standards can be achieved.
Salary: Up to £22,000.00 per year